Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekly Update!

Posted by Agill

So I borrowed this idea and format from Mark Ostreicher's blog (http://www.ysmarko.com/) tweeking it and personalizing it as I'd like. Check it!

Location:
Apartment

Procrastinating:
I have parent mail-outs for the kick off of our high school and middle school ministry.

Reading:
Youth Ministry 3.0 (review to come soon)

Quote of the week:
"Adults want young people to be conformed to the comfortable instead of transformed by the uncomfortable."- Mike Yaconelli

Praises:
We just upped one of the former interns hours and renamed his position, and its been amazing working with him and having him around, it's taken so much weight off of my shoulders....

Our facilities are absolutely amazing. Don't get me wrong it's not all about them, but they sure don't hurt having them. I'll post pictures later on when I buy a digital camera for the group, two story building, couches, a fireplace, nice big office... (we can spill kool-aid where ever we want, but not really.)

Steve. This guy has such a huge heart and desire to come in and make things happen for the student ministries, he's our go to guy when we run into a walls.

obviously sooo much more but I'll keep it at that and well if you wanna hear more let's get coffee. (agill23@gmail.com)

Scripture of the Week:
My friend and I started up a multi church night of worship with a handful of other youth pastors and I recently came across this verse and am highly convicted as to how we have run and will continue to run this night of worship. After reading through this it looks like there’ll be BIG time changes.


“I hate, I despise your religious feasts; I cannot stand your assemblies. Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them. Away with the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!” – God (Amos 5:21-24)

Moment of the week:
So many to choose from! Praise God! But if I had to narrow it down to just one, it’d be when I was sitting next to the fire place in the youth room just living in the moment watching all the high schoolers laugh, eat, and just hang out with each other at our Christmas party… though a very different group of kids they were all building relationships with each other, genuine friendships were growing... In other ministries I’d been in it took a year to get to this point, if I were being completely honest I’m not 100% sure we ever did reach this point.

Prayer Requests:
Guidance and wisdom, as I am brand new to being the go to guy I pray that God will continue to guide this ministry to where he desires it to go.

Female leaders, for the high school group we desperately need female leaders, seeing as we have none and a majority of our group is female.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

shoot dude. that Amos scripture is kicking my butt now.

Agill said...

Tell me about it.

Tffny said...

i'm with the driver-dude. that amos passage is powerful! amen. btw, hello fellow blogger :)