Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Use of Harsh Words

Posted by Agill

"I have three things I’d like to say today. First, while you were sleeping last night, 30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition. Second, most of you don’t give a **** (a bad word). What’s worse is that you’re more upset with the fact that I said **** (a bad word) than the fact that 30,000 kids died last night. " - Tony Campolo

I've had quite a few conversations with friends, family, and bosses about the use of harsh words, and have had my share of trouble because of my use of harsh words... (What can I say, I'm from Jersey) On the most part I would agree with what Driscol is saying in the video below. We cannot deny the use of harsh words in scriptures, from the examples Mark uses to Steven's words in which led to his stoning. Though it is all about the right time and the right place in which it is appropriate to use these tones and words. I'd keep going but Driscol says, all that I'd say, so check it out...

0 comments: